Join the heritage and be part of the family
Our clients benefit from the experience and expertise of O’Hearn Lawyers.
We’re an established law firm that genuinely cares for our clients, providing them with high-level attention over varied industries of law. We’re committed to practicing excellent law and take pride in what we do. If you’re looking to take the next step in your legal career and would like to learn more about O’Hearn Lawyers, we encourage you to get in touch. We are always looking to expand our team with motivated, skilled candidates.
We are currently seeking a Full-time Commercial Law and Probate Secretary who is passionate about working in these areas of law. You will work in conjunction with a Senior Associate Lawyer and a Director of the firm.
This varied and challenging role will see you responsible for:
- Preparing and filing court documents, letters and other correspondence.
- Attending to Administration of Estates.
- File and diary management.
- Confidently liaising with clients and professional persons.
- General administration duties.
A suitable candidate will possess the following attributes:
- ability to work efficiently to maximise output and meet deadlines.
- excellent communication and organisation skills.
- confidence in working with and developing client relationships.
- excellent questioning and listening skills
- attention to detail.
- ability to identify and anticipate future tasks.
- strong problem solving skills.
- initiative and enthusiasm.
- ability to work independently and in a team.
To be successful in this role you must:
- Be a well presented team orientated individual wishing to work in a professional office environment.
- Have a fast and accurate typing speed of not less than 60 words per minute.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, NSW Government online registry and share registry websites.
- Have a sound understanding of court procedures and familiarity with court documents at all levels.
- Have a positive work ethic.
- Be able to work autonomously.
- A team focused mentality with proven experience of going that extra mile to assist your colleagues.
- Knowledge of Affinity would be an advantage.
- A Justice of the Peace appointment is desirable.
This is a long-term career path opportunity to be part of a progressive and thriving firm which has high expectations, professional and supportive firm culture and a strong commitment to professional standards and client service.
Applications in confidence should be e-mailed to The Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to work with us? Tell us about yourself.
We’re always on the lookout for great legal team members to join us. If this is you, please fill out the form below.
Legal help, without the confusion.
The law is complex and it can be confusing and intimidating. But it doesn’t have to be. We understand the detail and we’re able to tailor a strategic approach and deliver legal advice to meet your specific needs.
From Wills & Conveyancing to Commercial Law, at O’Hearn Lawyers we’re on your side.