Join the heritage and be part of the family
Our clients benefit from the experience and expertise of O’Hearn Lawyers.
We’re an established law firm that genuinely cares for our clients, providing them with high-level attention over varied industries of law. We’re committed to practicing excellent law and take pride in what we do. If you’re looking to take the next step in your legal career and would like to learn more about O’Hearn Lawyers, we encourage you to get in touch. We are always looking to expand our team with motivated, skilled candidates.
Please scroll down to view our current vacancies, which you can apply for through the form at the bottom of this page, or by emailing your application to email@example.com.
O’Hearn Lawyers’ philosophy is to provide professional and practical solutions to their clients. A leading mid-size firm in Newcastle with a team of dedicated and qualified lawyers, committed to providing effective solutions for their clients.
Established in 1988 with a vision to deliver legal services with a straightforward and uncomplicated approach in an environment where professionals can enhance their knowledge and grow their expertise in a friendly and open-minded team.
If you are looking for a flexible, supportive and positive culture, with a great work and life balance, O’Hearn Lawyers will be the right environment for you.
The role will see you working as a Family Lawyer within our Family Law team which is supported by our Property, Commercial and Litigation teams. You will be experienced in family and relationship law and competent in advising and advocating in property and parenting matters.
The role requires initiative and proactivity whilst confidently representing the firm and your clients’ best interest. It requires a positive work ethic with attention to detail and commitment to providing excellent client services whilst enhancing your reputation in the legal community.
- A current NSW Practising Certificate
- Minimum 5 years post admission experience
- Proven success in a similar role
- Strong understanding of the Family Law Act
- A confident and professional manner
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and client expectations
- Confident court room manner
- Experience in drafting correspondence, Initiating Applications, Financial Statements, Affidavits and other Family Law specific documents.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Outstanding MS Suite and typing skills
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible work conditions
- Collaborative team environment
- Long term career progression
- Reward and recognition
- Work life balance
This is a long-term opportunity to be part of a nurturing, progressive and thriving firm. If you are looking for an exciting career move and a chance to flourish in your role, we look forward to meeting with you.
Applications in confidence should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org including cover letter addressing the criteria and CV.
O’Hearn Lawyers has recommenced the recruitment process to enhance their team. If you are looking to join a firm with a great team culture, that is known to be friendly and supportive with a client-focused approach this is the role for you.
If you are an experienced Legal Secretary who is able to build excellent client rapport and support the smooth operation of all aspects of the firm. This role requires a friendly, motivated applicant with a strong desire to take the lead and work alongside a professional staff.
Benefits for you:
- Flexible hours.
- Hands on position and autonomous role.
- Friendly and supportive team culture.
- Recognition for your hard work.
This varied and challenging role will see you responsible for:
- Preparing and filing court documents, letters and other correspondence.
- Attending to Administration of Estates.
- File and diary management.
- Confidently liaising with clients and professional persons.
- General administration duties.
A suitable candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Ability to work efficiently to maximise output and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Confidence in working with and developing client relationships.
- Excellent questioning and listening skills.
- Attention to detail with the ability to identify and anticipate future tasks.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Initiative and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
To be successful in this role you must:
- Be a well-presented team-orientated individual wishing to work in a professional office environment.
- Have a fast and accurate typing speed of not less than 60 words per minute.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, NSW Government online registry and share registry websites.
- Have a sound understanding of court procedures and familiarity with court documents at all levels.
- Have a positive work ethic.
- Be able to work autonomously.
- A team-focused mentality with proven experience of going that extra mile to assist your colleagues.
- Knowledge of Affinity would be an advantage.
- A Justice of the Peace appointment is desirable.
This is a long-term career path opportunity to be part of a progressive and thriving firm which has high expectations, professional and supportive firm culture and a strong commitment to professional standards and client service. If you are looking to building, your legal career in a rewarding firm who values being recognised for your hard work then this is the role for you.
Want to work with us? Tell us about yourself.
We’re always on the lookout for great legal team members to join us. If this is you, please fill out the form below.
Legal help, without the confusion.
The law is complex and it can be confusing and intimidating. But it doesn’t have to be. We understand the detail and we’re able to tailor a strategic approach and deliver legal advice to meet your specific needs.
From Wills & Conveyancing to Commercial Law, at O’Hearn Lawyers we’re on your side.